This year has been another busy year for me. It seems that I can never have a year with no major thing happening in my life since graduating college. I say goodbye to 2008 and warmly welcome another year. I have no idea what this coming year will bring for me. All I know is that I am thanking God everyday for blessing me with so many things, but most of all for keeping my family in good health. Here is a re-cap of all the good things OH-EIGHT has brought (in order of thought and not of importance)!
1. My second pregnancy: We decided to “get pregnant” again and I was blessed with not ever getting my period after we made that decision. Yes ladies and gents, I am a fertile child! Most of the year consisted of my pregnancy. I found out the news at the end of January and had a baby ten months later.
2. Janelle Dawn: Janelle was born on October 26, 2008. Let me just say that the nine months of hardship paid off really well. Janelle was very good to me and my baby delivery process was virtually pain free. I wouldn’t say that my labor process was pain free, but I will take labor pains over delivery pain any day! We are still adjusting to life with a newborn and a toddler. We just take it a day at a time and we know we’ll make it through each day. I admit that it is the hardest job in the world, but we always manage to make it no matter how difficult it can be!
3. California/Hawaii/Vegas Vacation: We wanted to take one last vacation before I had a baby and it was well worth it. It was sometimes hard due to my pregnancy, but we managed as we always do.
4. Third Anniversary: We spent our anniversary ALONE in Las Vegas this year. It couldn’t have happened without the help of my brother, Sallie and of course my parents. I had to make sure my LiL angel was in good hands. Dex and I had a good time, but I guess the mother in me couldn’t help it. I was crying every time I thought of my baby. It was 100x worst when I would call her and she didn’t want to talk. Through all my crying, Dex and I had a wonderful time spent with only each other!
5. Armada 2008: In preparation for our growing family, we purchased our first car together and Dexter’s first car purchase ever: The Nissan Armada (fully loaded) complete with the roomiest third row, as compared to other SUVs. It was one of the best things we have bought this year. Of course, knowing Dex and I, it was a compulsive buy that we decided on almost on a limb. It wouldn’t be a Dex-Jae purchase or decision if it weren’t compulsive!
6. Blackberry Curve: I’ve gone through many phones- and I mean many! After having my Blackberry, I don’t know how I functioned without it. My whole life, minus my calendar, is on this damn thing. I wouldn’t know what to do without it now. I officially turned into a Crack-Berry Whore this year!
7. Engagements: Two very special couples were engaged this year: Ron & Char and Carlo & Sallie. I couldn’t stress enough how happy I am to see these two special couples reaching this milestone in their relationships. Now I have something to look forward to for the next two year’s! Congratulations!
8. Jasmyne turns 2: Nobody understands the meaning of “time goes by too fast” more than that of a parent’s understanding of that phrase. Jazzy has definitely grown before our very eyes. Each day is always something new and it goes by way too fast. I wish I could have a memory of every second of everyday of her life, but of course, that would be impossible. I try to keep a few of them fresh in my heart and always on my mind. It always makes me teary-eyed thinking of those precious little memories from what seemed like just yesterday!
9. Losing Tyson: Having another baby meant that we had to give up another responsibility, which was our dog Tyson. I was in tears when we handed him over to his new owners, but we knew it was the best thing for him. We had him for a good three years, but somethings are better off in better places. We miss him to pieces, but we know he is in a good place.
10. Momma turns 60: My mom celebrated her sixtieth birthday in Hawaiian style this year. She had lots of fun and so did everyone who came to her little shindig.
11. My Lola Passed Away: It was one of the saddest moments in my life. I wished I was closer to her and regret many things, but in her last days, I was able to tell her many things I didn’t get to say in her 92 years of being on this Earth. Sometimes, we don’t realize things until the very end. Sometimes it’s almost too late, but it’s better late than never!
12. Corpuz Family Reunited: It sounds cheesy as heck, but there is peace at last and it came during the holidays. Sometimes it takes the loss of a loved one to realize that some things are not worth fighting for. Now OUR family is truly complete.
Happy New Year Everyone!