I have been just a little bit busy lately. I hope you guys can somehow sense my sarcasm related to the first sentence. I didn’t literally mean “a little” you know? I’ve had two kids for a long while now, but the tasks are just slowly piling up and up. On a good note, we managed to slip a little vacation to Vegas in there. It was a good break. The kids did FANTASTIC on the airplane. They were well behaved and quiet. You’d think they were shy and never cried in their life! Now I am planning our next family vacation in a land not too far away. It’s one of my favorite places on Earth- Wisconsin Dells!
For the next month, we are adding two new things into our already busy schedule. Jasmyne will be starting some activities at the park district on Mondays and Thursdays. I opted out of the swimming stuff for now. I’ll save that for later on in the year. Even though Jazz is so ready for it, Dex and I just aren’t quite ready for it yet. It will need some dedication on our part to take her to the swimming pool outside of her scheduled swim classes once a week. We just don’t have that time as of yet!
Anyway, after a long break, I wanted to post my accomplishments regarding my 101 tasks! It’s a good way to update on what’s been going on lately. I’m not doing quite as good as I had expected, but progressing thus far!
9. No rice for a day- 300 times.Okay. So for Lent, I decided that I was going to give up rice. I figured I was doing a good deed for myself (health wise) and contributing somewhat to my religion. I had a talk with God and he said it would be okay if I had rice on one occasion. That means, I was giving up rice 39/40 days of Lent. Well I decided early on that day would be during our Vegas trip. Since that fateful day in Vegas, I AM STILL EATING RICE! I have failed myself and my religion. Sorry! At least I can add some days to my 101 task. It was partially good for something!
22. Do the laundry once a week. I am surprised with myself that I am still managing to do the laundry once a week. It may not be a big deal to most of you, but for me, IT is a big deal. I am still amazed at how much laundry can pile up overnight. I still can’t figure out how my mom did it for a family of six grown people. WoW!
26. Wear a bathing suit and feel good in it. This has gotta be the biggest surprise ever. It is coming at such an early time- which is least expected on my part. I AM SO FAR off from my goal weight, but for the first time in my life, I felt comfortable in my own skin. This all happened in Vegas, amidst the Spring Breakers half naked in their sexy bikinis. I actually felt sexy and felt good taking off my cover up. I didn’t think twice. This is not to say that I think my body is sexy in any way, but after having had two kids, I didn’t really care. I think my confidence mentally allowed me to shine through. Cheesy, I know, but I’m proud of accomplishing this task at this time in my life!
27. Potty train Jasmyne. It’s still in red, so it has not been accomplished, but it definitely has begun. Jazzy goes to her potty at least twice a day. She goes once in the day and again before she goes to bed. In between that is different depending on the day. Sometimes she’ll go all day using the potty, sometimes she’ll only ask to go once in between. Dex and I are not rushing at all. We’re taking our time and giving her lots of props- which is the key. She loves it!
45. Drive the truck with confidence. BINGO! Who would have thunk that I would fall so in love with the truck. I don’t love it cause it’s a truck- but because of the navigation system. I could get lost not knowing where the hell I am but stil make it to point a and b and then back. I love it and it suits me. I can drive away and run errands even if Dexter is at work- with both of the kids! No more staying home casue I can’t drive the car which seats all the car seats. Confidence meant: driving at high speeds cutting people off with ease! Check! Confidence meant: Being able to park in tight spaces without leaving marks on the cars next to me. Check! Now I can’t drive anything else but IT!
70. Jasmyne will be “pacifier-less” Okay! So my little baby pooper must be growing up soooo fast. She takes a shower all by herself now too. I just have to pop in to wash her bootie and shampoo her hair and she rinses and does things all by herself. She has also been OFF her pacifier for a while now. It didn’t take all but two days. It was more of when Dex and I would put our foot down. Since we did, she never asked for it again! I’m so proud of her!
Next on my list is my Dear Me, Dear Jasmyne and Dear Janelle letters. I have so much I want to say and I don’t want to forget it. Also, I’m getting my tattoo April 13th with my coworker. I have yet to officially decide what I’m getting, but our DATE is set. No backing out rule! Whew! So excited!
Anyway, one more day of work tomorrow and we’re off for the weekend! Happy Friday everyone!